DayZ isn't always a walk in the park when it comes to remaining stealthy. Making sure you're stealthy is essential if you want to keep yourself safe from danger and is often times the best way to deal with combat in a game like DayZ. To help you stay stealth then, here are 5 tips for stealthy play:
1. Move slowly and carefully: Cautiousness is of paramount importance; the slightest sound may bring unwanted attention. Thus, take your steps slowly, deliberately, and quietly, making sure to quell any impulse to jump or sprint. Refrain from generating any loud sounds, for that could easily bring about a precarious situation. As always, be mindful of your surroundings and remain vigilant.
2. Wear the right clothing: No matter where you are, it's important to dress the part. Whether it's a military uniform, or something more subtle like civilian clothing, it's important to choose clothing items that blend in with the surroundings. Doing so can help keep you safe, and also provide a sense of camaraderie with those around you. If you're at a formal event, dress in a suit and tie. If you're at a beach, consider wearing a t-shirt and shorts. No matter the situation, make sure your clothing is appropriate to the environment.
3. Avoid crowded locations: If you want to be safe in DayZ, you should explore less-traveled areas of your surroundings. Avoid densely crowded areas such as cities and larger towns, which can be a breeding ground for harmful conduct. Not only is it safer, but it also allows you to explore new and intriguing areas you may not have known about previously. You can find peace and quiet in the calmer, more rural areas of the different DayZ maps by ignoring the noise and bustle of the metropolis.
4. Using the correct weapons: Melee weapons may be the undead apocalypse's unsung heroes, giving an effective and covert means to dispatch the undead using stealth kills. When seeking to avoid detection in DayZ, a suppressed gun is the best option though. You can rapidly dispatch a zombie with a devastating attack without alerting the rest of the horde(in most cases). Using various weapons, you can easily deal with infected face-to-face, but against other players, it's highly recommended you use a gun as they could have one too. However, only kill when you need to, as it will almost certainly bring unwanted attention to your location.
5. Monitor your surroundings: Be aware of your environment - don't be caught off guard! Scan the area for any warning signs of danger, like suspicious ground objects, vehicles or noises. Stay mindful and alert to any potential risks when overlooking a town or hotspot location. Make sure to trust your gut if something feels off and get out of there as soon as possible. If you have no choice even when your feelings tell you to run, it's important to be prepared for any situation that could arise and plan an escape route that provides cover.
By using these five, you can increase your chances of remaining stealthy and surviving in DayZ a little bit better.
Posted 4 months ago
DayZ 1.21 is here, and with it comes the new knight armor. This armor is the best in the game for protecting players from melee weapons, infected, bullets, crossbow bolts, and even explosives. There are six new pieces of... read more
The release of DayZ 1.21 introduced a new weapon that has caught the attention of players: the Crossbow. The crossbow is the most unique weapon added since the grenade launcher. It is also paving the way for bows to be a... read more
DayZ 1.21 is set to release on Xbox and PC, with the experimental version coming out on Thursday, April 20th. The stable version will likely come out in about a month for all platforms. There is no confirmation yet if th... read more
DayZ gives players numerous challenging decisions in how they explore the environment, one of which is whether to play alone or with others. Survivors can choose to play alone or in a group, but each choice offers advant... read more
You need an RSS reader app/extension to get notifications
* = Updated with new information
WOBO is a content creator that creates tips, guides and explains game mechanics in the form of images and video. All of WOBO's content can be accessed through the WOBO website and will be available to everyone eventually in one form or another.
WOBO's goal is to educate and help players understand game mechanics for games like DayZ using tips, video guides and tools in the attempt to reduce misinformation within the DayZ community. However, WOBO can sometimes be wrong too, so take all the information at face value and do your own research to be sure the information is correct.
If any of the information on this website is incorrect, or if you encounter a bug, please contact WOBO using the social links below. Thank you for visiting WOBO Tools and have a good day!
Early Access Tips
Hide All Adverts
WOBO Tools is a website dedicated to helping players learn about online games such as DayZ using videos, tips and tools.
WOBO mostly covers survival games like DayZ due to their indepth game mechanics that may require external resources, such as a website about learning survival games, to fully understand the game.
©Copyright WOBO Tools 2021 - 2023. All Rights Reserved. This website and its tools are updated manually by WOBO when he gets time. If any of the information is wrong, please report it on one of the social media links above.